So, I’m jumping on the bandwagon for Thinking Out Loud Thursdays, brought to you by the fine blogger Amanda over at Running with Spoons.
- Am I the only one who spends totally inordinate amounts of time trolling the internet for awesome races? I recently discovered the Squamish 50 miler while browsing UltraSignup and have been obsessed with it ever since, especially since they frequently post beautiful images of the trails:Disgustingly beautiful! I thought I would luck out and it would be in Canada near to where one of my best friends back home is moving to (Toronto I believe), but Squamish is near Vancouver, so uh totally off. But I’ll get there one day anyways, because this race looks completely beautifully amazing.
- Speaking of awesome races I want to do, this one is coming up:
I know since Born to Run came out, everyone and their mother probably says they want to do this race, but I seriously want to do this race. I spoke with a girl at the Fuego y Agua Hunter Gatherer race last year who went down and did it with her boyfriend and it sounds like a totally rad and amazing time.
- I’m running the Bandera 25k this weekend and I am completely terrified. I had a miserable time last year, and I’m determined to make it better this year. And by miserable I don’t mean “holy shit this is freaking hard why would I do something so hard” but more like “EVERYTHING THAT COULD GO WRONG HAS INDEED GONE WRONG” which is always followed by sadness.
- Can we talk about how cool the Ragnar Trail Relay is? It’s like all the fun parts of the Texas Independence Relay or Capital to Coast without all the…uh…roads. I’ll probably talk more about this later.
- It’s warming up outside, which is good in a way because it was fourteen freaking degrees on Monday morning (shut up, Northerners) but bad because I will no longer be able to justify drinking hot chocolate. /singleteardrop
- My dog is creepily staring at me as I write this blog post.
- Registration for the CrossFit Open is next week! I can’t believe it’s that time again. I’m excited. I will continue to be excited until the first Open WOD with muscle-ups, then I will become suddenly disinterested and sad I still cannot do muscle-ups.
- I’m feeling pretty peer pressured into posting a 2014 Goals post.
- Meghann at The Life and Fork needs to make it her 2014 Goal to tell me how to make the allegedly amazing butternut squash bread she made the other day…or else.
- I think the fact that I made it to number ten on this post means I’ve gone too far.